Spray Tanning at Hawaiian Sun
BEFORE, DURING & AFTER
The first steps to getting the perfect sunless tan happen before you even get to the tanning salon.
Shower, shave and exfoliate your skin.
Avoid using moisturizers and lotions that are not specially formulated for sunless tanning before your sunless session.
Avoid wearing perfumes or make-up that provides a barrier for absorption.
Wear DARK loose-fitting clothing to your session.
Your sunless tan will last up to 5 days. With proper care, you can preserve your tan by following these easy steps:
Wait at least 4 hours before bathing, swimming or coming in contact with water.
Avoid engaging in activities that cause you to sweat heavily, at least 3-5 hours
Moisturize daily with a post-sunless product
Proper skin care before, during and after sunless tanning will extend the life and look of your tan.
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE YOUR SUNLESS SESSION:
Follow these guidelines to obtain the best results from a sunless session at Hawaiian Sun:
1. You should wear dark, loose fitting clothes to the salon for your session; the spray solution that contains cosmetic bronzer can get on your clothes, but it washes out easily.
2. It is recommended that you remove all jewelry prior to your session.
3. To prepare the skin to fully absorb the sunless solution you should remove dead, dry skin by exfoliating your entire body in the shower just prior to your session, paying special attention to typically dry areas such as your knees and elbows. Avoid using bar soap, high-pH shower gels or in-shower moisturizers, as these products can halt the full development of the DHA-bronzing reaction.
4. Any waxing should be done no less than two days prior to your session.
5. Also, elevated body temperature, perspiration or moisture on the skin can hinder DHA development and results.
HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AFTER YOUR SUNLESS SESSION:
1. Wait at least four hours before showering or bathing, to allow the tanning process time for full development.
2. To avoid fading and stripping of instant bronzing results, use plain water in the shower or bath only for the first 16 hours after your session. (Avoid using bar soap, high-pH shower gels or in-shower moisturizers, as they can halt the full development of the DHA bronzing reaction.)
3. If possible, avoid activities that may cause you to sweat, swimming pools and spas for at least 24-hours after your session.
4. Do NOT apply lotions, moisturizers, deodorant, perfumes, make-up or any other personal care products prior to your session, as they will prevent even application of the sunless solution.